Like Influenza, the Coronavirus can be spread from person to person, most likely by coughing or contact with respiratory secretions of people infected with the virus. At Moran we do not have any reported cases of either of these virus’ and we of plan to keep it that way through stringent infection control management.
I would like to remind you of your role in our infection control plan and to ask you to carefully consider whether you should be visiting a Moran home.
- Have you recently returned from overseas travel?
- Have you recently been on a cruise?
- Are you unwell, have you recently been unwell?
- Do you live with someone who is unwell or who has recently returned from a cruise or overseas travel?
- Have you been in contact with anyone that has been tested for coronavirus?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, please stay away a minimum of 14 days and seek clearance from your GP that it is safe to visit an aged care home. Please discuss your circumstances with the General Manager if you require further information or to discuss how we might facilitate contact with your loved one during this time.
Practice Good Hygiene
Please remember that the best way to protect yourself and your family is to practice good hygiene by
- Thorough handwashing
- Using hand rubs
- Avoiding contact with anyone with a cold or flu like symptoms
- Staying home if you are sick
- Covering your mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or your flexed elbow
If you have any concerns or questions please speak with the General Manager of your home or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Operations Officer