We want to reassure our residents, their families and friends that we are prepared for any infection outbreak that may eventuate from either the Coronavirus or Influenza that is currently in our communities. We have successfully demonstrated that our infection control processes are effective and we are successfully minimising the risk of infection to our residents and employees.
The Department of Health provides us with regular updates for NSW and VIC and we act on these as they come through to us. The best way to protect residents, employees and their families is for everyone to practice good hygiene by:
- Making sure to clean your hands by thoroughly washing for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who has cold or flu like symptoms
- Staying at home if you are sick.
Moran Homes implemented additional infection outbreak cleaning protocols with areas regularly cleaned using high-grade hospital chemicals. We have implemented additional infection control measures related to employees including
- Daily temperature checks
- Assigning staff to work in the same areas for each of their shifts
- Offering staff additional hours and ensuring they give up any secondary employment
- Additional infection prevention and control training
- Laundering of work clothes on site
- Accommodation options
- Implemented social distancing measures, e.g. limited lift passengers and seating in staff rooms
Visiting Our Homes
Visitors are asked to place the wellbeing of their loved one at the centre of their decision making when considering if they should visit. As part of the easing of visitor restrictions, ESSENTIAL visits to Moran Aged Care homes will be made under restricted guidelines. All visitors are required to provide evidence of the Flu Vaccination. Requests for visits should be made by email to your Moran home.
When it is not possible for family and friends to visit residents living in Moran homes, it is important to keep in contact in other ways. Speaking to loved ones reduces loneliness, improves wellbeing and gives peace of mind. We have invested in Ipads for use in our homes to allow families to have video chats and to send regular updates to families via CareApp, newsletters and emails.
Respite and Permanent Care
Moran Homes are open for business and are taking enquiries and admitting new respite and permanent residents both from home and hospital.
Our respite experience is designed to assist
- Primary carers who need a break from caring for their loved one
- The elderly living at home who need temporary extra support
- Those who are isolated at home due to COVID-19 and would like a change of scenery
- Those who are waiting for home care packages and need support in the interim
During the COVID-19 pandemic our homes are mindful of minimising the risk of infection to our residents and employees. This means that whilst we are unable to take potential residents and their families on a traditional Moran facility tour. We have introduced a shorter more condensed tour and are using technology to provide a tour experience. As always, we are here to support families and assist them through their aged care journey.
Please contact us for further information or to talk through your options for respite or permanent care.