As we continue to adjust to living with the global COVID-19 pandemic and adapt to reports of new outbreaks and strains of the virus. Moran Health Care Group has refined some of its operational practices to protect residents and employees from future outbreaks.
It is clear to us that we will be living with the threat of this virus well into the future and must continue to adapt and reflect on our experiences and learnings from others in order to provide a COVID safe environment for residents and employees. As we seek to find a balance between the needs and choices of residents and their families, the constantly changing guidelines mandated to us by Government and the operational protocols/requirements of each individual Moran Home. We have developed COVID-19 Pandemic – Precautions During Visiting & External Outings, to support our residents, their families, representatives and friends to understand how they can safely visit our homes and enjoy external excursions and social outings.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm and alternate Saturdays 9am – 1pm. Alternative arrangements are possible for residents nearing end of life or under duress; please discuss with the General Manager.
Visiting Moran Sylvania
Step 1. When you arrive for your visit scan the QR Code at reception, answer the screening questions and have your temperature taken
Step 2. Make sure you have watched our Safe Visit Video. Keep on top of our communications and read available information in the home. Learn about COVID-19 and how to help everyone to stay safe
Step 3. Be COVID safe during your visit – hand wash, social distance, wear a facemask if directed. Visit only in the designated area as directed by our staff
If you have any questions speak to Lorraine Kelly, General Manager on 02 9532 6222 or 0458 799979.
- Visit to take place in resident room (Max 2 visitors at once due to space limitations)
- Children under 16 must be with an adult and they count for one of the two visitors
- All visitors MUST provide evidence of 2020 flu vaccination
- Wear masks or PPE (personal protective equipment) as directed by staff
- Screening and temperature check are compulsory prior to entry
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5meters or 6 feet
Our team is committed to facilitating visits with your loved ones, we ask that you are patient with them and respect they are implementing strict controls to protect everyone involved. We do understand that some of the limitations placed around visiting our Home during the global COVID-19 pandemic may be frustrating and we ask you to refrain from expressing your frustration to our team. If you have concerns or complaints, please address them to the General Manager.
External Excursions and Social Outings
To support residents to attend outings with family and friends and to attend medical appointments safely residents and their representatives are required to comply with state health orders and to take precautions to keep everyone safe from virus’ like COVID-19.
The best way to stay safe is to follow precautions:
- Wash or gel your hands regularly
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m or 6 feet always
- Practice cough & sneeze etiquette – use your elbow or tissue & discard immediately
- Wear a mask
- Stay home if unwell and stay away from anyone you suspect may be unwell
How to Arrange a Social Outing
Step 1. Complete the Social Outing COVID Risk Plan- download here or collect from Reception
Step 2. Review and discuss the questionnaire and plan with the General Manager in advance
Step 3. The person responsible for taking the resident to the excursion/outing or appointment must screen everyone who attends the outing using the screening questions included in the COVID19 Risk Plan
Step 4. Complete the Resident Outing Register at reception and include details of the location you are taking the resident, the departure and return time
External medical appointments
It is important not to miss out on essential medical appointments even when Government Public Health Orders place restrictions on movement. Please follow the guide below when organising and attending medical appointments:
- Appointment should be assessed as necessary
- Discuss the appointment with the Care Manager or General Manager in advance
- It is recommended that the family escort has had the 2020 flu vaccination
- The resident will have their temperature taken prior to departure and again on return
- Complete the Resident Outing Register at reception and include details of the location you are taking the resident, the departure and return time
- Only attend the appointment, it is not advisable to attend other venues
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m or 6 feet – avoid waiting rooms, phone ahead to confirm appointment time and arrive just in time, perhaps park nearby if possible and wait in car
- Avoid anyone with any symptoms of coughing or sneezing
- Use hand-gel to wash hands on arrival at the appointment and departure
- Avoid touching any surfaces whilst at the appointment
- Community Transport and Ambulance Service follow their State Health Guidelines and practice the necessary infection prevention precautions during transport.
Residents returning from any external outing or medical appointment
- Temperature is taken on return and daily
- If temperature is elevated, the resident is placed into isolation and infection control precautions are implemented immediately, COVID19 swab and test arranged
- COVID symptom check and temperature screening is completed daily
Residents returning from hospital
- Prior to return to the Moran Home, the Care team will discuss the resident’s stay with the hospital to identify the level of potential risk of exposure to infection and will implement relevant management on return
- Temperature taken on return and daily
- COVID19 symptom check screening daily