For everyone who enjoys the ABC’s Old People’s Home for Four Year Old’s TV show, check out the video on our Facebook Page HERE of our residents and children from Discover My World Early Learning Centre exercising together- you’ll love it.
As part of our Intergenerational program, a group of young Pioneers from Discover My World Early Learning Centre joined the Tuesday morning Zumba Gold class with fitness instructor Emma Watts from the Daisie Chain. Zumba Gold is held at Moran Engadine twice a week, on Tuesdays and Saturdays. It is one of the many lifestyle and wellness activities available for residents. Mary Gibbs, General Manager said – “These classes have been a big hit, anyone can join in, residents, families, staff and of course our little friends from DMW.”
The Intergenerational program has been a popular part of the lifestyle and wellness program at Moran Engadine for several years now and it continues to go from strength to strength. Isabel Rafidi, Discover My World, ELC Director says ”The special partnership we have with Moran Engadine gives both children and residents the opportunity to connect, build relationships and learn from one another – our Pioneers love visiting the Nans & Pops”.
We all feel better when we exercise but here are just a few reasons why Zumba Gold is good for you.
Physiological benefits of Zumba Gold
- Improved cognitive function (from learning new steps and moves)
- Improved motor control and performance (practice, practice, practice)
- Improved range of motion, overall strength and flexibility
- Improved bone density
- Increased caloric expenditure
- Improved ability to perform pain-free activities of daily life
Psychological benefits of Zumba Gold
- Enhanced self esteem
- Enhanced general feeling of well being
- Empowered & enhanced quality of life
- Enhanced relaxation
- Reduced depression, stress, anxiety
- Increased opportunities for social interaction
- Increased opportunities to dance, party, & have fun
For more information about Moran Engadine give us a call on 02 9548 7777.