From July 1 2019, the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission expects all organisations providing aged care services in Australia to be compliant with the new Aged Care Quality Standards.
Each Standard says what you, the consumer, can expect. Your aged care provider has to meet an “outcome” for you and they have to demonstrate how they are meeting that outcome.
There are eight standards, and each one is about an aspect of care that contributes to your safety, health and well being.
- Consumer dignity and choice
- Ongoing assessment and planning with consumers
- Personal care and clinical care
- Services and supports for daily living
- Organisation’s service environment
- Feedback and complaints
- Human resources
- Organisational governance
For more information about the standards and what they mean to you visit https://www.agedcarequality.gov.au/consumers